30 March 2010

Brooklyned.

In an attempt to avoid another NYC blizzard I rebooked my trip and zoomed in on a Monday; out on a Wednesday. It was fantastic to see a few old friends. Above, the Roven-Carstarphens of Brooklyn. I stayed with them in the Matt Curtis Suite.

I met Jim Rutman for drinks after work. He chose the place: in his words, an "ultra-uncool area staple, The Knickerbocker, at 9th and University, where I like to get in touch with the Griffin Dunne-like person I might have been in, like, 1984." So we met there and after three hours of drinking and eating we arose to leave, which is when we saw, sitting in a far booth: Griffin Dunne. (Jim had never seen him there - or anywhere - before.)
I love New York! And Jim Rutman. And Griffin Dunne!
Rutman: also now decamped to Brooklyn.

Gary is going to kill me for including this photo (someone gave him the sign as a bad joke) which is why I'm posting it.
Gary: also now Brooklyned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home